Why does my shoulder hurt? Shoulder pain can be caused by a host of different conditions that include bursitis, osteoarthritis, damaged cartilage, torn labrum, torn rotator cuff, tendinitis, fibromyalgia or dislocation. Whether you have suffered an injury or have a degenerative condition that is causing your shoulder pain, we will create an all-natural, customized pain relief treatment program to get you the relief you need.
Shoulder Pain Relief
Covering up the pain symptoms in your shoulder with medication will only lead to more frustration since the underlying cause of the problem isn’t being addressed. If you have tried several different ways to relieve your shoulder pain with no success and aren’t interested in risky surgery, we may have a solution for you. Our chiropractor can identify the source of your pain and then get to work using chiropractic adjustments to help get your life back on track.
Pinched Nerve in Shoulder
A pinched nerve in the shoulder area occurs when a bone or muscle places increased pressure on the nerves, leading to feelings of numbness, tingling, burning and pins and needles. Quite often, your painful shoulder may be caused by issues associated with your musculoskeletal system. As our doctor believes in holistic treatment, your protocol may incorporate one or a combination of our all-natural treatment methods.
After you receive treatment, you can expect:
- Reduced pain during normal daily activities
- Greater mobility in the shoulder joint
- Return to recreational activities like swimming or golf
- Improved sleep
- Less pain while driving
- No need for over the counter pain medication
Shoulder Joint Pain Treatment
Chiropractic care provides all-natural, drug-free pain relief treatments, and taps into your body’s innate healing ability. We offer a wide range of non-surgical, manual treatments for your shoulder problems.
Our chiropractor is also skilled in correcting subluxations, enabling your rotator cuff to return to its proper alignment. These adjustments also support your body’s proper functioning for optimum health.
Muscle imbalances involving the rotator cuff can be treated with chiropractic techniques such as soft tissue mobilization to restore proper mobility to the shoulder joints. Special rehabilitation exercises may also aid in your speedy recovery.
Your individualized shoulder joint pain treatment plan may include other manual pain management treatments such as:
- Massage Therapy – Our massage therapist will work on the soft tissue surrounding your shoulder to increase the blood flow and reduce pain.
- Physical Therapy – Physical therapy or ‘physical rehab’ utilizes specialized equipment and exercises to promote healing within your body.
- Acupuncture – Using tiny needles, we can help improve the blood flow to your painful shoulder and speed up healing.
- Spinal Decompression – If pain is being referred to the shoulder area from other parts of the body, then increasing the space between vertebrae with spinal decompression may provide positive results.
If you are looking for effective and long lasting relief for shoulder pain in Indianapolis, Glendale, Broad Ripple or any nearby city in Indiana, call us today at (317) 257-2225 to schedule a complimentary consultation. Our chiropractor will assess your pain and then create a customized plan to fix the source for the long-lasting relief you deserve.