Back pain can significantly interfere with your ability to perform daily activities. Chiropractic care is a highly effective option for treating back pain naturally without the need for painkillers or surgery. Dr. Joseph Fortunato, the experienced chiropractic doctor at Glendale Chiropractic in Indianapolis, IN, treats back pain through chiropractic adjustments, spinal decompression, massage therapy, and other chiropractic methods.
Causes of Back Pain
A common cause of pain in the lower, middle, or upper back is misaligned vertebrae, which could be caused by an injury or a spinal condition. Chronic poor posture can also contribute to back pain. Other causes of back pain include:
- Muscle strains or sprains
- Torn or strained ligaments
- Herniated discs
- Bulging discs
- Pinched nerves
- Spinal stenosis
- Degenerative disc disease
Chiropractic Treatments for Back Pain
Many types of back pain can be successfully treated naturally through various chiropractic methods and techniques without the use of painkillers or surgical intervention. Chiropractic treatment helps properly align your spine, which alleviates pressure and improves blood flow. Chiropractic treatment methods can also increase flexibility, improve balance, relieve stiffness, heal spinal injuries, and improve your range of motion. Some of the chiropractic treatments for back pain at our office in Indianapolis, IN, include:
- Massage therapy — involves gentle manipulation of the muscles and other soft tissues.
- Spinal decompression — involves the use of a motorized traction table to stretch the spine and reduce muscle spasms.
- Chiropractic adjustments — The spine is gently manipulated and adjusted to bring it into proper alignment and alleviate pressure on spinal joints, discs, muscles, and tendons.
- Acupuncture — involves stimulation of specific areas on the skin to correct imbalances in the flow of energy through the body.
Our skilled chiropractic doctor can diagnose the cause of your back pain and development an individualized treatment plan to treat the root cause so you can finally experience relief.
There are several back pain treatment options in 2021. Chiropractic care provides a safe and natural way to alleviate back pain without pain medications or surgery. To learn more about your chiropractic treatment options, schedule an appointment with Dr. Fortunato, our skilled chiropractic doctor for back pain, by calling Glendale Chiropractic in Indianapolis, IN, at (317) 257-2225.